MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Relaxing on Sunday

Happy Sunday folks! I am loving this little respite from the heat....cool breezes encouraging my wind chimes to make soft tinkling  music.....nice hot coffee to sip whilst I write my post to you. Magpies looking for breakfast in the garden.....lovely!
I slipped out earlier this morning and bought an orchid spike in which one of my resident fat bottomed possums had snapped off. They love the tree where my orchids grow......so I popped them in a little bottle to enjoy for a while longer.
Because yesterday was a showery old day, inside pursuits were the go. I diligently worked on my No. 12 UFO.....Brinton Hall. At stitching group I worked on the hexie strips for the first border.....so finished the last one off and then sewed the small 2nd border on to the centrepiece.
All ready to take the papers out and applique the strips down next! Progress...yes!
February RSC circles are  now appliqued in place..... I went with more Lavender than Purple.
I also finished a little Anni Downs stitchery for a project I am aiming to complete soon.
Mr. R. tried his hand at baking some Foccacia and it was delicious......
He has plans for a more elaborate version as this one was a left overs effort! We had it with chicken soup...yum!
This morning whilst we snuggled in late No. 1 Son was up again at the crack of dawn, out doing his 1st Assessment ride for the Tour de Cure Signature tour coming up in  North Queensland in April.....here they are at Moggill Ferry after over 89kms. They have been training really hard in terrible heat some mornings. Bet they were glad it was cooler this morning too!
Yellow arrow is our boy.....he is only a smidge away from his target....thought he passed it Friday but not quite. We are very proud of his efforts to raise funds for cancer research. He has also been very humbled by donations by many generous people. These people are amazing.... this is what heroes look like in my book.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle ,glad you are having cooler weather ,hope its not to hot when we come up,lol. Love your pretty pink orchid spike ,nice that you can enjoy it inside. You have been busy your Britton hall is looking fantastic and I am loving your circles ,I like that it's been done in lavenders and purples,very pretty and how cute is your stitchery. I love listening to wind chimes too,we have one on our front veranda and I can hear it when I am in my sewing room,hope you have a wonderful Sunday my friend,Namaste and blessing to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler as well if wonderful....I do love orchids yours isl lovely ❤️Nice projects...yummo❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to sew in this cooler weather that's for sure....wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheeky little fellers, those possums! Still....possum's loss is your gain this time. Foccaccia looks yummy, I'll have a slice but you will need to take the tomatoes off first. Well done on the stitching too, a very productive weekend for you. Good on your son, those dollars may seem a drop in the bucket but they certainly add up over time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of nice stitching...... Enjoy the weather ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for your boy Michelle - I was out at Moggill this morning too - love the old ferry. What busy finger you have, so many stitching items for one wet Saturday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty orchid..
    Lots of lovely stitching Michelle.
    Hope your son reaches his target soon. Great curse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo good to be cooler. I'm loving Brinton Hall and you are making great progress.... your circles are pretty - I must get a few more done too or they will be forgotten. Cute angel - and lucky you to have a resident baker.... Well done to #1 son... great effort
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this cooler weather. Love your pretty circles & Brinton Hall. The foccaccia looks yummmy. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love your posts. We are in for a hot week... do I need to come to Qld for some cool?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had heard it was cooler over your way - nice to have a break from the heat for a bit. Brinton Hall is gorwing nicely and your Anni Downs stitchery is very sweet. Good on your son for his efforts and hubby in the kitchen too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to get some respite from the heat Michelle... great work on your projects there & the stitchery is very cute - is that from Angel's Story?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the cooler days while you can. We know at this time of year they are few and far between. And of course perfect for working on all your lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your circles and your stitcheries.. well done to son and all the others in that heat... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.