MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

My friend Lorel and I have enjoyed our last 2 years of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  We only did one block per month in the designated colour way. We made our own choices for November and December as these months are usually assembly months.
November's choice was an ode to the mass blossoming of the Jacaranda trees in our city at this time of year....Jacaranda mauve. It was also a butterfly month.
December was a bird month so we decided on Christmas green for the block. The birdie is NOT that bright....crazy photo!
The next job is how to combine last years Dresden Plates and this years butterflies and birdie 4 patch blocks to make a pleasing quilt......hmmmmm? Next year for those decisions I feel!
A second block in Angels Story has all its stitchery done....

I am loving these beautiful fabrics......so sweet.
After searching for a while I have finally found border fabrics suitable for my Gardener's Journal blocks.  I think they work really well together. I was really pleased that what I had in my minds eye could be almost replicated.
I wanted something floral to reflect the garden theme but not to dull......
We have been having a bit of wet weather here of late and it seemed perfect weather for a spot of hand quilting on some secret sewing (its ok the recipient doesn't read my blog) I do love this French General Christmas fabric.
Well as they say......"that's your lot"
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching. Hope to see more of your Next years planning the RSC. We all welcome the rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice RSC blocks ..The Angels Story block is lovely and the border fabric for GJ is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitcheries, Michelle, and great fabrics. I LOVE your quilt blocks, my friend. The one with the buttefly is absolutely fabulous. I am still trying to finish my first quilt! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely applique going on there Michelle! And the stitcheries too... so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely projects. Love the flower. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much growing in your garden and your patchwork garden and angels sprouting up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you do the RSC again next year? Its a good way to use up some scraps but they still breed... Lovely sewing - I am looking forward to starting my Angels.. I got GJ as a kit - rather dull colours but I am going to use it up - I think the end will still be nice
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the pics. Must look into the RSC as I have so many scraps. Next week will hit the hot weather.. we are heading up to see DD2 for a quick visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GJ is looking great - so pleased you found a border...rainbow scrap challenge could be something to ponder on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are stunning, please send the rain out our way. Take care. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your angel is delightful and I like your fabric choices for Gardeners Journal. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your RSC blocks are delightful Michelle and are going to look great when you assemble them, I'm sure :-) And great find for the border fabric. Sweet Angel blocks and gorgeous hand quilting...what a lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. our garden is looking so much happier now ...and I love your choice of floral for the Gardener's Journal block...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blocks and your fabric choices for the Gardner's journal are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post Michelle, lots of lovely things being created at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those blocks. Oh no! You have started the border on that quilt already and here are my blocks still sitting in a box LOL. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Michelle i am loving all your blocks you have been very busy my friend,Namaste and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.