MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Where's My Pearls?

Yesterday I was very fortunate to be invited to attend Linen and Lace at Cleveland's  annual Garden Party. Marilyn hosts it for those who have supported and encouraged her throughout the year to say thank you! Isn't that the nicest thing. I have known Marilyn it's lovely owner for many years and always admired her exquisite taste and hard work. So I had to get a bit lacy and find the pearls.....
Well as lacy and pearly as I can get! Off I went to meet some of my close friends who also know Marilyn. The shop has a little courtyard beside it and this is where it was set up...just perfect.
The front table in the photo was ours and those are my lovely friends. Bev was trying out her new Vintage Cloche hat before Melbourne Cup. She just happened to have bought it from Marilyn lol! Here is Gaye and Sandra looks very elegant and swish!
The tables were set beautifully with gorgeous china and pretty flowers from Marilyn's own garden.
I loved the pink depression glass dish! Oh and the scent from the Sweet Peas..mmmh! We began with Champagne in elegant pink vintage flutes.
We were treated to a fashion parade of some of the beautiful vintage clothing and accessories available at Linen and Lace..some of which is beautifully handcrafted by Marilyn herself.
Of course there were pretty teacups....constantly being refilled...
accompanied by a delicious high tea...and yes refills!
I had the loveliest time, being with dear friends Sandra, Gaye, Bev and new friend Annette and surrounded by such gorgeousness. Afterwards we got to pop into the shop for a browse...It is overflowing with such beautiful treasures.
On various visits to the shop I have looked lovingly at some beautiful silver earrings fashioned from the handles of petite teaspoons. I couldn't resist this time as there were tiny little birds on these. Bit of a splurge but I don't often do it.
I also replenished my supply of beautiful Lavender hand cream. I told Mr R. I wouldn't be too late but after lots and lots of chatter and laughter I was very late home! Definitely a "Diamond Day"!
This morning I enjoyed another little treat with my morning coffee....this beautiful magazine gifted to me by my friend Bev yesterday.
Ok back to my pretty pages...
Enjoy your Sunday.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post Michelle, looks like a wonderful days outing with your friends. Love the flowers & the fine china. You look super all decked out in your lace & your pearls. You have jogged my memory to look out for the latest Daphnes Diary mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,what a fab day and is this the lovely shop that we went to when we were in Brisbane,oh i love seeing you and your friends all dressed up and love the yummy hi tea,so glad you had so much fun,enjoy your day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely of Marilyn! and what a beautiful shop. Looks to me like a very nice occasion all round. xx PS Don't blame you buying the earrings - they look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Michelle,
    what a wonderful vintage event and the magazine will reflect that style as well. Have read it before, beautiful ideas in it.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely day out. Lovely shop. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful day with wonderful friends. Mmmm lavendar handcream, love it myself. Also Rose or pomigranite

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to go to a garden/high tea party. You look lovely in your white lace, and everybody does look swish indeed! Beautiful champagne flutes and china, and I never could resist sweet peas. Delightful Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a romantic looking day. So much lace and lovely things. I'm glad you had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such an enjoyable adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day. Isn't that a lovely way to thank customers and friends?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle
    Your gorgeous book and pattern turned up last week and I absolutely love both of them. I cannot wait to start a project...but which one?
    It was a happy day when they arrived
    Thank you so much for sharing your designs.
    All the best
    Loads of love Tanya Hughes from Perth Western Australia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds and looks like the most wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a LoVeLy way to spend the day Michelle. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.