MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, March 26, 2015

90 Years Young!

Good morning to all. I have a few family things to share so I hope you will indulge me once again.
On Saturday I joined some of my family to celebrate my Uncle's 90th Birthday. He got right into the spirit of the celebrations and was thrilled to see us all there.
Lovely cake...
which was decorated with a tiny harmonica...one of his favourite pursuits.
Which he has actually played us a tune on in days gone by. He plays in a little ensemble still today. So of course we had to have a bit of a tune on the day. (sorry the photo is not too good) with cousin Ian looking on.
It was lovely catching up with my cousins..
We lived next door to them when we came to live in Brisbane when I was very young for 18 months and I even started school at their school and they safely accompanied me there and back each day. Even though they were rascals they were the kindest of boys. I was extremely close to their sister Helen with only 2 years between us. Many secrets shared during sleepovers and lots of fun had. We were the best of mates and continued on through our teenage years. Helen always wanted to be a police officer and realised that dream for herself. This is her Police photo after having all her hair cut short.
So I along with her family and friends were devastated when she was tragically killed in a car accident aged 20 years. We remembered her with love when Uncle Jack spoke about her so lovingly. I just couldn't do this post without mentioning this lovely girl.
The cake was cut and tasted...yum!
My Mum, Aunt and other Uncle enjoying the festivities.
My sister and I with the birthday boy having a hug.
It was a wonderful celebration for my Uncle and great to admire a life well lived. A father of five children, lots of grand kids and a very loving uncle to many. There was always room at their table for one or two more. He has always been a hard worker and has always given love and service to others and still does to this day. I was so happy to be there.
Happy 90th Birthday Uncle Jack xxx

Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi my friend what a wonderful post and such a special occassion xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your Uncle Jack, Michelle. It looks like a great celebration, and I just love that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, Happy Birthday to your uncle. Thank you for sharing all these lovely photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely for you to be able to celebrate with your Uncle and family for his 90th Birthday. What a tragedy for you family to lose Helen at such a young age and so lovely you still think of her and mention her in your blog post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the party went well... your Uncle looks very good for 90! Always a tragedy to lose someone so young. Obviously well loved and remembered always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your uncle. He looks like a very young 90!! What a lovely way to celebrate his day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a great time happy birthday to your dear uncle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post about your family, Michelle. It sounds like you all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful post ..... and great to see all that family love...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. A happy family celebration. 90 is an amazing milestone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.