MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Logan Art Gallery

Good morning all. Today after getting the old once over to make myself beautiful for the festive season I took myself on a date. I often do this as I enjoy my own company (yes I know strange, but I do). A very nice friend Jan told me about an upcoming exhibition at the Logan Art Gallery.
The exhibition was by super talented members of the Queensland Wildlife Artists Society Inc. You can read all about them Here 
You know how much I love wildlife. The exhibits were just stunning and I loved every second I was there.
So many talented artist's work to admire.
A lovely lady by the name of Gail Higgins got talking to me and I was admiring a lovely piece of work with Pigeons and it turns out they were Gail's and not only that she had won "Best in Show" for it. Gail was generous enough to let me take a photo of her with her gorgeous piece.
The detail was amazing. I was so inspired by all that I saw. It is well worth a visit to see the 60 + beautiful pieces of art. You will not be disappointed. Thanks to my friend Jan....I loved it as you knew I would!
We have a house guest for a couple of days.....yes Miss Sophie has come to stay!
There goes the neighbourhood! LOL!
I thought I would end my post by sharing with you one of my favourite very old Father Christmas's made by my friend Ann. I always look forward to putting him out every year...
I hope that you are taking time out to do something you love this weekend.
Namaste and Blessings
Michelle xxx

13 comments:

  1. Glad you got all 'jazzed' up and a swell time! LOVE that Santa, wish you could still buy the patterns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful thing to do! Miss Sophie looks cute!! Love the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do Michelle...a date with oneself....love it! ThevPigeons are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That exhibition sounds lovely, Michelle. Miss Sophie looks gorgeous; what a beautiful houseguest! It is lovely to see your blog banner...I get your posts via email so would have missed seeing that lovely log cabin wall hanging, if I hadn't clicked through to the actual blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must be a wonderful exhibit. And very inspiring.
    Enjoy your visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle the pic is wonderful,clever lady and how cute is Miss Sophie and the santa that Ann made you is wonderful,enjoy your weekend to my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely day out Michelle, Miss Sophie is very cute..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am grandson sitting this weekend so I am doing something I love Michelle. I also have a fur-baby coming to stay for a week while his house gets painted. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see the Logan Art Gallery looking so smart these days. What a lovely exhibition, and bird paintings are the best. Hello to Ann's gorgeous Santa, she is such a wonderful crafter. Nice cookies too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds and looks like a wonderful day out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure that "Inspired by Nature" was wonderful to see. I love the doves in her painting. We have them everywhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always know the company is good when you are with yourself! Love all the post. Enjoy your furball stay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great visit, nature does inspire...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.