MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, November 26, 2012

One Mini done

I finally have a little mini to hang on my lovely frame. For something so small it has taken me ages.
I was going to do more quilting on it but I got to impatient to get it on there. This photo is a bit crook. It really looks very cute. This is where it lives now.
I was supposed to be working on my "strawberries" today but after my Yoga session I had this morning ( I am being very good Helen and doing my home Practice) I just felt to chilled out to work so I decided to make like a little elf and get wrapping....
And there are these ones.....
And next there are these ones....
This elf caper is hard work. I am so happy I am making headway in this department. After that I still felt uninspired to work so I played around in snowy corner which is now finished...
and then I twiddled and tweaked the Snowy tree...
I would like to take this opportunity to explain my obsession with 'snowmen' not that I feel I need to defend my obsession mind. But I am often taken to task about not being 'a real Aussie Christmas' with snowmen because we don't get snow here in December. My Grandfather was English and came to Australia when he was 26 to take up a position as a country preacher...a home mission minister they were called. The poor man arrived in Australia after leaving his very close knit family and a cold English winter in December to be sent to Blackall in outback Queensland where the temperatures can reach into the 40's. He also knew no one and after attending the Christmas church service was alone on Christmas Day staying in a hot Outback Pub and was so homesick for his family in England he didn't know how he was going to get through it. When I read that excerpt from his diary it makes me want to cry for him. He often said how much he had missed that cold weather and snow on his first Australian Christmas. Later he was told "ya shoulda said somethin' mate!' LOL! So a little corner of frosty fellows in tribute. We also now have a lovely SIL who is English and it makes him smile too. So long live Frosty Corner I Say! Also I am a bit of flake anyway :o)
Enjoy your evening,
Blessings Michelle xx

23 comments:

  1. Oh your mini is so cute :) I love the tags you have on all your pressies, you must be one tired elf, lol. Justification for having snowmen is accepted, though you probably could have just said 'cos I think they are cute' and it would have worked :)
    That first Christmas must have been so tough, I love your tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini. Your parcels all look wonderful. Love the story of your Grandfather & your love of snowmen. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely mini! that story is so sad about your grandfather. Makes you feel for our migrant ancestors that must have found Australia such a foreign land.
    Love your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous mini Michelle and love your decorating,its magic at your house.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're in the midst of decorating here and our house is like a bomb site, it's been lovely visiting your Christmnassy home this morning. It looks glorious.

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your Chrissie cheer is delightful Michelle. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic mini Michelle, great looking gifts...wonderful decos...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mini one, the ginger on the reindeer. Its so cute !!
    The other decorations ... oh my ... you have so many and I can't tell what is my favroite because there is so much to see.
    I also love how you wrap the presents... you have a little elf inside :-)
    I can imagination how he must feel with a "hot" christmas, poor boy. I think that i also will feel realy strange when we don't have cold weather with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wrapping and decorating are both fabulous. We all have our own ideas and traditions ........which is just as it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Frosty corner story Michelle. I see now why you love them so much. The mini is lovely and you did a great job with all that wrapping. Can I be part of your family? Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mini and all your Christmas decorations! Wonderful to see and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your mini! And Christmas is whatever you want it to be, no hard and fast rules, if you want Snowmen you have snowmen. When I was younger Christmas for me was snow, I loved it, I still like to see it but like it to disappear quickly, I don't like it if it stays for weeks and weeks...then I would happily change it for some hot sunshine! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mini looks wonderful in your table topper frame and I love your snowy corner , and the story behind it made me smile. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mini looks lovely on it's special frame.
    I really enjoyed your story about your Grandfather and love your Frosty corner...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mini is lovely Michelle. Thanks for sharing your Grandfather's story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The mini looks lovely Michelle. It has quite enough quilting and looks perfect in its new home.

    All those little gifts look very enticing. Love those gift tags!

    My family arrived from England in 1853 and I often wonder how they managed the hot Summers here . No air-conditioning then . Loved hearing the story about your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your mini with the stitchery. Who invented those mini frames. They are such a good idea. Your snowy corner looks fabulous. It is nice to have some reminders of 'home' where ever it is. I hope the gingies aren't jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do make me laugh.. love that stitchery ... it is amazing how the little projects do seem to take almost as long as a big one!!! You are putting me to shame with your preparations and decorating....
    Hugz from Grinchy ....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it is fine for us to have snowmen, but especially you doing so as a tribute to your Grandfather. We can have snowmen without the cold weather to go with them. Lovely mini.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mini is just gorgeous Michelle, and all that beautiful wrapping looks so inviting. Am a snowy fan too so all your little snowy corners and your beautiful handmade bits are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your mini and also the stand Michelle, where did you get that from ? I love all of your wrapped parcels and the lovely tags on each of them especially the Christmas puds :-) That is a sad little story about your Grandfather, did he ever get back to England for a visit ? You have your Christmas things out already!! I will have to get cracking this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your snow men! How wonderful would it be to have Christmas in the snow? Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh I love your frosty corner, I love snowmen too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.