MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Slow & Steady

I have been taking it easy and trying to get some order in my life since my return so back to Yoga classes, still trying to get some order in my sewing room. Two big bags of rubbish have been sorted, recycled and disposed of and it doesn't even look like I have put a dent in it, still I shall keep on a bit at a time.
The other thing I have been doing is wearing out my pencils and like I mentioned earlier 2 new little booklets have been born.....just need to get them printed up. I got a bit carried away especially as the groove I was in was Christmas folk.
Oh I have had such a good time.....but I have also been finishing off my special pattern for the Cookies and Cream Christmas Club (see logo on my sidebar) and it is already to be posted away now. Yipee! Here is a sneaky....
In between Domestic Goddess duties today I have managed to begin basting "My Country Garden" quilt so I can do some hand quilting and drew out another little Christmas stitchery pattern I had drawn earlier on to some fabric and It involves a very greedy teddy and some Pud so when I have stitched a bit I shall show you. I think it will make a really cute 12 inch quilt for the table top stands...... I just had to have some redwork to do...I swear I think I need help I love it so much.
I know I am an "antique" still basting by hand but I actually find it very relaxing especially listening to some lovely music.
Well I'm off to see if I can rustle up something to feed us. Don't you hate the day before shopping day (not that most of us in this country know what real hunger feels like) but not being the greatest cook I have to get a bit imaginative right about now. Still we never starve you only have to look at us to know that. LOL!
Keep cosy and enjoy your evening.
Blessings Michelle xxx

12 comments:

  1. Basting by hand Michelle is still the best way and is my preferred method although I am not averse to using safety pins. It looks a very pretty quilt. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post Michelle,cant wait to see your new books.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i baste it's by hand Michelle. Use other methods occasionally but always go back to hand basting. :) Look forward to seeing you new books. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the new patterns ! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like it takes forever to get back to my real life after any time away.

    Sounds like you’ve managed to get a ton of craftiness back into your life though !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it sure doesn't sound like you're taking it easy, girl! Send me some energy so I can get my sewing room sorted out, lol. Love all your drawings, wow, you're amazing!!!!! And Michelle, I feel the same way about redwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle loved all the sneaky peaks of all your gorgeous new projects - can't wait for them to be released. Not very patient am I?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Quilt looks lovely I love all the stitching on it.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching! Your drawings look gorgeous...better get started planning some chrissy stitching myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been very busy, your garden quilt looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woe, this Quilt is so beautiful.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  12. the quilt is looking lovely... pretty new designs...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.