MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29th 2012 - A Leap Year.

Just had to do a post today as it is a leap year and a big Happy Birthday to all of you who only get a 'real' one every 4 years.
I have been trying for ages to find some time to pop down to my friend Maree's to visit her lovely new home and yesterday I got the chance. We have had 2 catchups in a week which has been lovely.
Maree baked these gorgeous yummies....
Of course I declined (yeah right). I also caught up with Allison who I hadn't seen for ages which was also lovely.
We had a great old natter and we got to see first hand the latest issue of "Country Threads" magazine which features Maree's gorgeous bag project on the cover.....very exciting!
I did do a little stitching from Anni Down's lovely book. I enjoyed stitching someone else's design for a change.
I loved the royal tour around Maree's new home it is just beautiful!
Today I went to my stitching group hosted by my friend Lorel and had another day of laughter, yummy food and managed to complete my "Country Garden Quilt" top.
After much tooing and froing I decided to applique a little spotty chocolate heart in each corner and I am quite happy with it now. It has the "sweet country" look I was after. Now I can get on to layering it and quilting it.
Woo Hoo!!
Finally I just wanted to show you a little spray of roses... it's from the Carpet of Flowers range and I had transplanted it and I thought I had killed it (on the cards for me) but I noticed today a lovely spray of red flowers and just had to put them in a little vase.

I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow .....maybe nothing but I hope I don't lose any of you. My lovely followers. I have added two other options for following me on my sidebar but I guess we will just have to wait and see what transpires on the morrow.
Blessings Michelle xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely week - and those red flowers are gorgeous. This waiting to see what will happen reminds me a bit of the end of 1999 when we were all convinced the computers would all just die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Michelle. Those cakes look so yummy, I would find it hard to resist one (or two). Love the quilt. It looks beautiful. The roses are so sweet. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Leap Day, Michelle! How fun to catch up with friends, especially when there's cupcakes involved. *G* Your quilt is just gorgeous, I love the little hearts, it adds just the right touch!
    Your flowers are lovely. I'm a wee bit nervous about tomorrow as well, I hope I don't lose followers or blogs I follow, darn google!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous to be able to catch up with so many lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun... so nice to do a tour of the new home... your quilt has come up a treat... having seen those stitcheries I know how lovley it is... the google changes is a bit like waiting for Y2K.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still here Michelle. Sounds like you had a great time with your dear fiends. Your quilt top is so pretty and beautifully stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Quilt looks Lovely nice to have another finish...
    Thanks for your Company again this week...it's been Fun!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is always so beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.