MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gratuitous Chrissy pics

I thought today I would share with you some little Chrissy photos of some more of my decorations just because I feel like it and it will be nice to look back on as I always forget where I put what. If you are bored with it all  you know what to do....
My gingerbread tree it is a bit dark though
I love this sign. I painted it out at Tracey's a couple of years ago.
Old Saint Nick. Some friends and I all made one each together.
Well after yesterday's trip to the shops....madness, madness! I am glad to be staying home today. I have one more trip to make for all the fresh vegies. I haven't produced enough to feed more than G & myself yet. I always wonder at this time of year when I see the trolleys so ladden with food, do these folks have huge family gatherings? Does all that food actually get eaten? Are the supermarkets closing down for a month? Is every one going camping in the bush for Christmas where there are no shops? I am no Christmas Grinch and I love all my holiday food and we always have all our favourites but I always wonder is there some reason for all these heavily laden trolleys and paniced faces that I don't know about??? Maybe I am a closet Grinch after all. I think the madness has rubbed off. Better stop now before all you nice people go screaming from my blog never to return agian. Time for a nice cup of coffee I think.....maybe just 1  tiny little rumball.
Blessings, Michelle xx

13 comments:

  1. lovely pics Michelle i also love the Kringles cafe sign.
    I agreee with all you said about trolleys of food,its crazy,my mum always said you would think the shops were closing for a week,lol,merry xmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sign is great. I agree with Shez too. I can't face the crowds so what we have in the house will be what we have to eat!!! No DH is off to the market on Sat so we will have a chook and salad!Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you :)
    Supermarket and town are filled with not-so-cheery people racing to beat the Christmas Eve close. I'm finished and now staying home for the rest of the day to do some sewing that will complete the christmas presents. Tomorrow I am meeting friends in Launceston for lunch and not for Christmas shopping and Saturday evening some friends are coming out with us somewhere easy for tea - that way our homes will be still tidy when we have eaten, hehehe.
    Have a great Christmas Day ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your Christmas corners, girl! And tomorrow when mum comes, we're going to sit down and look through your blog. I know she'll appreciate as much as I do!

    I used to do all my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, I just loved it, but I never panicked....it was just so fun. I may go out on Friday to get some stocking stuffers, but other than that, I've made everything this year, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your Christmas ornaments look beautiful! I want to thank you for sending me three patterns!! They arrived today and I feel very spoilt, thank you for your generosity. Have a wonderful Christmas, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NO! I was one of those supermarket people!! We are having 12 for Christmas lunch BUT apart from that 7 on Christmas Eve and from Boxing Day back to 12 again until Thursday. That is a lot of bellies for a lot of meals. Next year is someone else's turn! Yay
    I love your sign too and your gingerbread tree is gorgeous. I'd eat them all (if they're edible)
    PS I didn't have a panicked face, that was my husband, mentally tallying up the final total - hehe Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most gorgeous collection of xmas things Michelle - just loved all the photos you've shown over the last couple of weeks or so. Gingerbread tree - what a great idea - I will have to start collecting some gingerbread bits to do just that next year. Have a merry christmas - I have so enjoyed reading your blog this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your decorations. They are lovely. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home must be like a wonderland at Christmas. I am not looking forward to food shopping tomorrow but ut will no doubt be better then than Saturday. Have a lovely Christms Michelle. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful decorations Michelle and I especially love the gingerbread tree, what a cute idea . I use to make a gingerbread house every year and loved doing that but it is not the same without young ones to help out. Merry Christmas and I agree there is far too much panic this time of year so I try to stay away from the malls for that reason. hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'day Michelle. Beautiful photos of your decorations.I too like the Kringle sign. I am glad to say that I have finished my supermarket shopping. Though no doubt on Saturday I will probably remember something that I have forgotten to get and will have to venture out again, but, with a bit of luck hubby will go for me!! Take care. Merry Christmas. Have a safe and happy New Year. Liz...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas see you after Christmas. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have often wondered the same Michelle but I was one of them in Geraldton yesterday hahaha... great decorating xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.