MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody and A New Little Christmas Book.

Tuesday is here again and as I was thinking about my treasure for today I thought nobody would ever consider me a minimalist.....I just can't do it. I can't part with my memories or my treasures. That is not to say I like junk everywhere but I do love my precious things around me in my home. Which brings me to my love of little dishes. There is about 11 in all and I think they are so sweet. My Nanna started all this when she gave me a little "Shelley" china dish with sweet pink roses all over it. She said I ought to have it seeing as I was a Shelley too. Only my family on my Mums side has ever called me that or indeed gotten away with it. But from them it always seems just right. The dish photographed with it was given to me by my friend Barbara who has since passed away so I do treasure it. It's a Wedgewood dish called "Angela"
Barbara's "Wedgewood" and My precious "Shelley" dish.
The "Carltonware" belonged o my Great grandmother and I still have it's original box. The lovely pale green set was my Mum's and is "Royal Devon" china. the sweet little pink one I bought in Melbourne...just because!
"Crown Derby" dishes. Gifts from my Mums English trips.
Of course there had to be some "Old Country Roses"
What are you treasuring today visit MELODY to see who's treasuring what!
"Christmas Fixin's!"
Now lately I have been working very hard to try and stitch a little sample to show you for my new little book.  It is a very simple little book and it's called "Christmas Fixin's"  I wanted to do a little book which had some of my drawings in it for you to use....there are no instructions....just drawings! You must use your own wonderful creativity when you trace them and stitch them. However (don't want to grump) they are to be used for your  own personal use or as gifts only. But you wonderful folks already knew that I know.
They are suitable for cushions, wall hangings, little quilts, gift bags, table runners, framed pieces or even cards. There are 12 designs + the front and back cover  approximately A5 in size featuring my favourites e.g. gingerbreads, snowmen, reindeers and some tags. I hope you like my little book. I loved doing all the drawings for it. The cushion in the photo is the front cover  design of the book.
The cost will be $14.50 (P&H included within Australia) I accept Paypal, Direct debit, cheque or money order
"Christmas Fixin's"
Another lovely quote from Paul Wilson's little book "Moments of Pleasure"
"Create"
"Paint, play,sculpt,write, dance (stitch)....to create anything is one of the greatest pleasures of all"
Have a wonderfully "creative" day everyone.
Blessings Michelle xx

15 comments:

  1. I must say I have a weakness for little dishes too... just because!! Yours are so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing all your beautiful china today. It is a real weakness of mine so I love to see bits from your collection. Your little book sounds wonderful and what good value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little dishes are really lovely Michelle. I must admit I have a few as well... one of my favourites is a little Carltonware dish in the shape of a peach... oh I love it. Good luck with your little Stitchery book. What a great idea... very clever of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dishes.. no wonder you love them so much.... What a great idea with your stitching book.. please send me details to get one...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Michelle,

    Your little dish collection is so lovely with many memories attached. I like your reasoning "Just Because" we should use that more often.
    Happy stitching.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dishes you have a lovely variety there Michelle and what a great idea with your book,well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Carltonware. That and Colclough china.

    Your dishes are magnificent. You have some many beautiful treasures Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little dishes are beautiful, I have a weakness for pretty dishes too :-) Your new book looks wonderful , best of luck with it.
    hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful little dishes Michelle. I love your little stitcheries book too. Perfect for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day Michelle. Your little dish collection is just lovely. I have one small dish that was my grandmothers and I treasure it. The stitchery book looks great.It would be a great gift for a friend of mine and of course I would want one for myself. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your little Dishes and Well Done on Your Book so Great to Finally see it...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love little dishes too Michelle.. even the little glass depression ones..
    Congratulations on your Christmas book, sounds perfect for pressies... I need to order some Michelle..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little dishes are lovely and your Christmas booklet is such a good idea. I love the cushion, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dishes are beautiful. I would never want to part with them. I am so much in love with your designs.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful dishes.
    Your Christmas stitchings book is a wonderful idea. If I ever take up embroidery again I would be sure to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.