MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Favourite things Friday on Thursday

I am posting early for SHAYS "Favourite Thing Friday" as No 1 Husband is working from home tomorrow and that means no 'puter for me til later in the day. Sooooo! My FTF this week is being able to take up residence for brekky on my little front verandah in the morning sun and wax lyrical about it. So here goes...
"Breakfast with the Lorikeets"
This morning I felt I had the best seat in the house.
Sitting on my verandah amongst the weeping red Bottlebrush tree in suburbia.
It's a tiny verandah with room for a tiny table and 2 chairs. I love having my breakfast here.
Today as I sat writing in my journal and enjoying my coffee I was joined by several 'Rainbow Lorikeets'
which are abundant in my area sampling the nectar from the vibrant red bottlebrushes for breakfast.
Delicately they work their way up and down the branches to get to the blossoms.
They remind me of 'expert' tightrope walkers, at home so far above the ground. Hanging upside down, beaks in blossoms they call and chatter noisily to each other. Their colourful plumage is magnificent.
I even witness the antics of a trysting couple. "He is trying to impress "her" with his funky little lorikeet dance. She turns away unimpressed and he tries again and again. Another watches on as if to say "wish they'd get a room" or at least another branch!It makes me laugh out loud.
A wattlebird with it's exquisite blue head lands gently on a nearby branch. I'm given the once over. Obvisiously I'm no threat so on goes the serious business of gathering honey from the blossoms as well.
This ordinary morning is one to remember and seeks to remind me how priviledged I was to encounter the beauty of nature when the "Lorikeets came to Breakfast"
Coffee in my favourite cup and my Journal
One of my cheeky visitors!
 I thought I would keep with the theme of "beautiful birds' and so have added a link to view one of my really big favourites and that is the very beautiful EVA CASSIDY singing "Songbird". Eva now sings amongst the stars and we only have her beautiful voice to remind us of a great talent lost.                                             <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AFFo1pu4q7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Blessings Michelle xx

10 comments:

  1. I visited a friend at Nambour and sitting on her balcony watching the lorikeets was amazing. Here we watch the blkackbirds, Magpies and Honeyeaters frolic in the water baths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fortunate to have breakfast with such beautiful birds , their colors are just magnificent . Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lorikeets are quite full on nonsense.... I love sitting outside to watch them too.... you have found a lovely spot to do your 'thinkings'....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have such a special spot to sit...I share mine with a pet lamb nibbling my leg and lots of cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are blessed to have such a morning show - beautiful birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your commitment Michelle. FTF on a Thursday. You win the prize for eager beaver this week. Amanda always manages to post before I even get my post up ...

    I love watching birds in our garden - we get rainbow lorikeets too and it always thrills me to see them playing among the leaves of our trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snap, I'm able to enjoy their antics from my verandah too. It's one thing I'm really going to miss if I ever move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place to sit and breakfast. I never seem to take the time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I came here Friday, thinking what a lovely way to have breakfast and left without leaving a comment. I must be getting old after all! :-) Breakfast with Lorikeets is a special breakfast indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't think of a better way to breakfast! What a fabulous favourite. Thanks for sharing. Happy FTF! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.